I just received a letter in the mail from Chase:
We wanted to let you know that the credit card relationship between Amtrak and Chase Bank USA, N.A., will end September 30, 2015. We’re replacing your current credit card account with a Chase Freedom Visa credit card account on September 30, 2015 as long as you continue to meet our credit criteria.
Continue using your current card until your new Chase Freedom card arrives
- Your new Chase Freedom card will arrive in approximately six to eight weeks after September 30, 2015.
- Begin using your new card as soon as you receive it.
- Destroy your old card along with any other checks or older cards.
- If your current credit card is going to expire soon, or you request a replacement card before September 30, 2015, you may receive a replacement card for your current account before your Chase Freedom card.
Continue to earn points on purchases
- You’ll continue to earn points on purchases on your current card until September 30, 2015. Those point will be transferred to your rewards account held at Amtrak.
- After September 30, 2015, you will begin to earn points on your Chase Freedom account.
I suspect that this also means that Chase Ultimate Rewards transfers to Amtrak will also cease on September 30, 2015.