Utilizing Twitter as a travel resource has made my life a lot easier quite a few times, and some airlines and hotel programs have GREAT Twitter teams. Seriously some of the most helpful people I know.
Twitter Saves the Day
Reaching out to the airlines and hotels though Twitter has saved the day for me many times… here’s a selection for you!
1. Hyatt added a friend to my reservation when I was unable to call so they could access the room before I got there.
2. Hyatt was able to retroactively credit my Diamond amenity points when they did not post correctly (multiple times).
3. Hyatt is able to check award nights, Cash + Points, and Diamond Suite Upgrades, and even book or change bookings!
4. American was able to protect me on an earlier flight before I even left the plane because my connecting flight was delayed over 2 hours. I got home an hour earlier that I was originally scheduled to.
5. KLM is able to book award tickets for you, and when the website reprices higher when you click through, usually they can make the lower rate work…somehow. They set everything up for you and call you to get credit card info to complete the booking.
6. KLM was also able to process an award cancellation for me for no fee because of a medical problem last year.
7. Kimpton is all around awesome and fun to interact with on Twitter. They can also help with checking availability for free nights (reward and Inner Circle benefit).
Keep in mind, not all of the hotels and airlines have such great (or any) Twitter teams, but the next time you need something and don’t have the time to make a call about it, give a shout out on Twitter! You might be surprise. Oh, and you can follow me on Twitter here.